If you do not own an ASUS ROG motherboard, attempting to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 using their setup installer will fail with the error message “Error has Occurred. Application was not installed. Digital signature of installation files is missing”. But there is a way to install and activate the ROG edition using the standard antivirus package for ALL users, not just those who have Asus ROG motherboards. This isn’t done using cracks or keygenerators,but with just following some steps. Here’s the steps how to do it.
1. For clean installation if you are having any versions of Kaspersky Products installed on your computer then run the Kaspersky Products Remover for cleaning residual files from your computer.
2. Now go to ASUS Kaspersky Giveaway page to download Kaspersky Antivirus 2013 ROG Setup.
3. After downloading the zip file mentioned in above link extract files using 7zip to get executable file.Now right click the setup installer file i.e. KAV13014190_ROG.exe and open it with 7-Zip archiver and click on extract files.
4. Now go to the folder you extracted, right click on the kavkis.msi and choose to “Extract Here…”. This will extract a single cbi.dll file which is the activation file for Kaspersky Antivirus. Right Click and Copy or Cut the cbi.dll file.
5. You need to manually create the Kaspersky Anti-Virus directory structure and paste the cbi.dll into it. Go to C:\Program Files\ and create a folder “Kaspersky Lab”. Go into that folder and create another folder called “Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013″, the structure will look like this for 32-bit users:
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013
or the following for 64-bit users:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013
Paste the cbi.dll into the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 folder.
6. Now you need to create another directory structure, go to C:\ProgramData and create the folders “Kaspersky Lab”, then “AVP13″ inside that, and “Data” inside that to produce the following structure for Windows Vista, 7 and 8. The ProgramData folder is hidden by default so if you can’t see it in the root of C, type C:\ProgramData into the Search box on the Start menu or configure Windows to show hidden files and folders from Folder Options found in Control Panel.
For Windows XP the Kaspersky Lab folder is in Documents and Settings:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP13\Data
7. Go back to the KAV ROG folder from step 3 and double click to open the kavkis.cab file (not the msi from earlier). Inside you will find the Kaspersky license file with a name of _1AA7CD13.key. Right click and copy it, then paste the key file into the Data folder created from step 6.
8. Now we got Asus ROG license files in place ,now download the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 setup installer from the Kaspersky website product updates page but not the trial version and install it.
Once the Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 program has installed, that’s it, you don’t have to do anything else because the program installs and activates itself automatically using the key from the ROG installer. Just make sure you have internet access during the process.